Theme Change / Upgrade Guide
If you're going to upgrade or change your theme, there is no need to reinstall the app.
Here are the steps to go through the process:
- When a new theme is published, the app will detect the change and re-upload the template files again
- If the bundle page doesn't look well, you can try to trigger an update in the app.
- Visit the BYOB dashboard and wait for 5 - 10s for template updates. After that, visit BYOB settings to check the version
- View a bundle to see if the template is alright.
- The theme section configuration data is stored in the original theme, you have to reconfigure the section options in the theme editor again
Test in unpublished themes
If you want to test the templates in an unpublished theme, you can:
- Use the BYOB settings - Templates => Test in unpublished themes to install the template files to a theme
- Open the theme editor to view the product template => byob (please note that you must have at least a bundle published):
Copy custom CSS from the old theme to the new one (if any)
If you are just upgrading the theme, you can copy the custom CSS to the new one. So the customization can be restored.