Integration with Subscription Apps
With the latest Shopify Subscription API, BYOB can read the subscription data created by the subscription apps. This integration aims to build a box / build a custom bundle with Recharge or other subscription apps.
For example, customers can select the items on the template and the individual items will be added to the cart with the subscription plans. Customers only have to select subscription options once for multiple items
- You're already using a subscription app like Recharge, Appstle, Awtomatic, etc
- Your subscription app must support Shopify Subscription API (i.e. Shopify checkout integration is enabled in the app)
- Multiple subscription apps are not supported
- You're using BYOB Standard, Advance, or the Plus plan
Supported subscription apps
- Subscriptions, Recurring order by Webrex Studio
Other apps are supported upon request.
How it works
- Set the same subscription plans for BYOB virtual products and individual products.
- Customers select items on the custom template
- When customers add a bundle to cart, a pop-up with the subscription options will be shown
- When customers add subscriptions to the cart, individual products with the same selected plans will be added to the cart
- Bundles are shown as separate line items (Multi-SKU)
How to set up?
- In BYOB,
- Create a bundle with the discount type of Subscription. Turn the status to active if it's your 1st bundle. Otherwise, you can't open the theme editor in the next step.
- Click Change Design on the side menu to visit the theme editor. Add the BYOB Subscription Pop-up section before the BYOB Products Selection section
- In your subscription app, create the same subscription plans for the linked product and all individual items
- Test the bundle. See if the subscription pop-up is enabled
Add discount code on top
- In Shopify discount admin, create a discount code applicable to the individual products.
- Include the discount code in the bundle description, and tell customers to redeem it during checkout
What happens if I forget to set a subscription plan on the bundle product?
Only the one-time purchase is show
Can I change the text in the pop-up?
Yes, you can change it in BYOB settings => Change Text. You'll be redirected to the language editor. Look for the section BYOB subscription.
- Price subscription discount is not supported yet
- Custom note is not supported. But you can enable order notes on your cart page
Since there are no dummy variants generated and no orders being edited, these orders are not tracked in your plan