Why can customers add a bundle to cart without choosing items?
There are a few possible reasons:
- The quick view or quick add button on a product card. When you move your mouse over a product, you can add the product with a click. This is usually provided by the theme. But the buttons can be hidden by customizing the liquid file in the theme
- The upsell widget on the thank you page, which is powered by 3rd party post-purchase upsell apps
- The cart slider which offers upsell features
- The cross-sell widget added to the existing product pages
How to fix this issue?
- Hide the widget with custom CSS or liquid files in the theme
- Exclude the bundle products (with product tags of 'BYOB display' and 'BYOB hidden') in the 3rd party apps
- You can activate the new cart validation feature with the new cart & checkout validation API. The wrong bundle SKU is blocked from adding to the cart. An error message will be shown. Customers can only build bundles on the BYOB bundle pages