Why aren't my orders edited?
On some occasions, BYOB cannot edit your order. The order edit process is prohibited by Shopify. Here are some edge case examples:
- Customers add bundles to the cart. But they don't check out immediately. After a period of time (e.g. 2, 3 days, or even longer period of time), you delete or put some products off the shelf (i.e. not available for purchase). We cannot put not available products to orders.
- The order was placed in a different currency to your store's currency. If your store sells in multiple currencies, then we can edit only orders that are in your store's currency. (See Order Edit FAQ)
- Orders that have local delivery as the shipping method can’t be edited.
- You set the orders to be automatically fulfilled. When the orders are fulfilled, they can no longer be edited.
- You change the linked product of the bundle:
- Vendor. The vendor must be 'BYOB'. Otherwise, the system cannot recognize the orders and they'll be skipped from order edit
- You delete the linked products while the customer is checking out. The customer-selected items are stored in the dummy variant. When it's deleted, the system cannot detect what items are selected
While we try to prevent order edits from stopping in the middle, we cannot guarantee that order edits must be successful. This is because there are too many hard limits placed by Shopify.
If you ever discover that your order edit is stopped, please notify us and we'll try to investigate the issue. As a workaround, you can try to use discount code bundle
The Shopify official guide: Deciding to edit orders