What is discount code bundle?
Discount code bundles redirect customers to the checkout page with a discount applied.
- You don't like dummy variants and products to be created
- Order edit stops working due to Shopify limits (local delivery, multi-currency, etc)
- Your inventory system cannot import BYOB orders
When is it useful?
- Your bundle is only offering a percentage-off or fixed-amount-off discount, which is compatible with the Shopify discount code
- You don't need to stack a bundle discount with a Shopify discount. In other words, you are only offering a Shopify discount.
- Selecting at least n items from a collection, get a percentage-off or fixed-amount-off discount
- Buy X Get Y (BXGY) or Buy One Get One Free (BOGO)
The default BXGY requires all items to be added to the cart. Usually, customers don't know that they are required to add discounted items manually. With our custom template, customers can add all items in 1 place.
- Giveaways / Gifts
You can set up discount codes, e.g. 100% off discount to a specific group of customers within a limited period of time.
How to set it up?
Case 1 - Custom 3 packs:
- You set up a Shopify discount code with the conditions you like (In Shopify discount admin), e.g you can set up a buy 3 items from a collection, get 10% off discount like below:
- You set up the same bundle condition and input the code when creating a BYOB bundle (In BYOB)
- Set up the same bundle conditions as your discount code
- When customers add bundles to the cart, all individual items are added to the cart immediately. Customers are redirected to the checkout page with the applied discount code.
Case 2 - Buy X Get Y (BXGY):
- Set up the BXGY discount code in the Shopify discount admin (The example is buy-1-get-2 free)
- Set up the bundle condition like below:
Case 3 - Automatic discount or No discount applied to checkout:
Just input + in the discount code field. Customers will be redirected to the checkout without applying a discount code.
Display discount (updated on 14/9/2022):
Set up the same discount as your discount code. The discounted price can be shown on the add-to-cart button.
|Standard Mode||Discount Code Bundle|
|Adjust Price by||Variant||Discount Code|
|Generate Dummy Variants||✔️||❌|
|Support Price Discount (e.g. Any 3 for $80)||✔️|| ❌
(only works if all products are of the same price)
|Support external inventory systems||Setup Required||✔️|
|Support Custom Note||✔️||✔️|
- The discount code can be shared with other customers. It can be used at checkout.
- Since there are no dummy variants generated and orders editing,
these orders are not tracked in your plan- See the update below
Some users report that there is no way to know how many customers have used the build a bundle feature. We've added a tracker to additional details & conversion summary (screenshots attached below). BYOB and the bundle name are added to the additional details. This tracker is using cart permalinks.
But this tracker can only track orders after visiting checkout. If the customers navigate from checkout back to the cart, this tracker is lost. Currently, this issue cannot be fixed because the checkout script can only be used by Shopify Plus users. We cannot add any code on the checkout.