Theme Change / Upgrade Guide
If you're going to upgrade or change your theme, there is no need to reinstall the app.
Here are the steps to go through the process:
- Before a new theme is published, create the alternate product template. Add the app blocks to the template following the installation guide.
- View a bundle to see if the template is alright.
- The theme section configuration data is stored in the original theme, you have to reconfigure the section options in the theme editor again
Test in unpublished themes
If you want to test the templates in an unpublished theme, you can:
- Open the theme editor to view the product template => byob (please note that you must have at least a bundle published):
Copy the custom CSS from the old theme to the new one (if any)
If you are just upgrading the theme, you can copy the custom CSS to the new one. So the customization can be restored.
- Copy the custom CSS from your old theme
- Hit Change Design in BYOB to visit the theme editor
- Paste the code snippet into BYOB Bundle Info section => Advance => Custom CSS
- Hit the Save button. Preview a bundle to view the changes
Copy existing section options to the new theme (optional)
If your new theme style is totally different from your old one, this step can be skipped.